The contents of this item, including all images and text, are for personal, educational, and non-commercial use only. The contents of this item may not be reproduced in any form without the express permission of Boise State University Special Collections and Archives. For permissions or to place an order, please contact the Head of Special Collections and Archives at (208) 426-3958 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity
Annual Raft Race
May 2, 1981
11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Race begins at Barber Bridge and ends at The Pavilion at Ann Morrison Park
All rafts and riders must be at Barber Bridge no later than 10:45 am. the morning of the race.
1) All rafts are subject to an inspection by the judges prior to the start of the race.
2) All riders on the rafts must wear at all time a Coast Guard approved life vest.
3)Rafts will not be permitted to have any type of fixed oars or rudders.
4) No factory production rafts will be permitted with exception of rubber rafts.
5) The race will start promptly at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 2, 1981, and conclude at 3:00 p.m. with the awarding of trophies.
6) No damage to other competitors' rafts will be tolerated at any time.
7) The only type of propulsion mechanism that will be allowed to power the rafts will be "people power."